ALL ABOUT ME
I Like Me by Nancy Carlson
When I Get Bigger by Mercer Meyer
Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper
The Mixed Up Cameleon by Eric Carle
Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis
When I Was Little by Jamie Lee Curtis
Dandelion by Don Freeman
A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni
I’m me, I’m me
Proud as can be!
Look the world over and you will not see
A person who fits exactly my size,
Or with the same nose and eyes.
From the hair on my head
To my wiggly toes,
My smile belongs to a special face.
My nose has found the perfect place.
And my eyes, they’re just right for me.
And this mouth, well, you can see,
The parts all fit together
To make the puzzle that is ME!
I attach the above poem to self-portraits drawn on a puzzle.
1.All About Me books-
Page 1- This is me. I am ____ years old.
Page 2- I have ____ eyes and _____ hair.
Page 3- This is my hand. (trace hand)
Page 4 - This is my family.
Page 5 - This is where I live.
Page 6- And that is the end of my story!
2. I Can class book- Student completes the sentence
"I can____." and draws an illustration.
1. Students measure how tall they are using blocks.
2. Belly button graph- How many students have innie's and how many have outies?
3. Hair color/ eye color graph
1. Put growth sequence cards in order.(baby, child, teenager, adult, grandparent)
2. Make fingerprints. Identify if they are an arch, loop, or whorl.
- Form initials out of play dough.
- Paint hand and make handprint on paper. Glue paper squares around edges of paper. Create class handprint quilt.
3.Body outlines traced on butcher paper
1.Paper plate self-portraits
2. Name pennant
3. Grown-up self portrait with the following poem attached:
I’m growing up every day in my own special way.
Someday I’ll be all grown up, but I’ll still be me!
- "Me" collage- Draw pictures or cut out magazine pictures of things child like and decorate bubble letters forming child’s name.
Bippity Boppidity Bumble Bee!
Bippity Boppidity Bumble Bee,
Will you say your name for me?
Let's whisper it!
Let's clap it!
Let's shout it!
Cookie Jar Chant
Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
______ stole the cookie from the cookie jar!
*Put each child's name on a paper cookie. Pull cookie out of jar and sing song.