SCIENCE FAIR 2006
Science Fair Ideas
1. Static Electricity Experiment- Use balloons and felt to create static electricity.
2. Drinking Plant Demonstration- Place a white carnation in a bottle of water dyed with food coloring. Carnation will turn that color.
3. Erupting Volcano- Form a volcano around a cup using modeling clay. Mix red food coloring, baking soda, and vinegar in cup. Mixture will react and erupt.
4. Lifecycle of a Butterfly
5. Hermit Crab or other small animal in a small pet keeper
6. Worm World- Mix worms and dirt in a see through jar.
7. Ant Farm
8. Dancing Popcorn- Mix baking soda, vinegar, and popcorn kernels in a bowl. Chemical reaction will cause popcorn to "dance".
9. Effects of sunlight on plants- Grow one plant in a dark box and one plant in sunlight. What happens?
8. Feely Box- Guess what objects are in box using your sense of touch.
9. Diagram of human body
10. Space Mobile
11. Mix oil and water and observe what happens.
12. Magnetism Experiment
13. Float v.s. Sink Experiment
14. Color Mixing Experiment- What happens when blue and yellow are mixed? Blue and red? Yellow and orange?